Nowadays, children are getting very busy because their parents make them take up a lot of lessons since young, such as piano, drawing, tuition, swimming etc. Thus, the current generation of kids seems to have less free time to do whatever they want. Also, with the level of technology available now, they tend to spend less time outdoors playing. I have friends who grew up with only tuition classes and all sorts of enrichment lessons, and I was shocked to find out that they never played games that I used to enjoy so much as a kid. I have also seen my younger cousins huddling in corners playing PSPs and mobile phone games instead of going outdoors to run about and play, like I used to do.
My coursework is inspired by this negative trend and is thus themed “Childhood”. To me, my childhood was when I was the happiest as my life then was very carefree. I spent a lot of time outdoors when I was younger. Till now, I still miss my childhood a lot.
I hope that through my coursework, I would raise awareness on this negative trend of kids getting less time to truly be kids. What I have in mind for my coursework currently is a campaign involving a series of photographs. I want to showcase certain activities commonly done by children through photography and hopefully these photographs would evoke a sense of nostalgia in the viewer. The photographs would be in the form of posters and/or postcards with taglines reminding the viewer to remember the fun in the viewer’s own childhood. The campaign is targeted at parents of young children, in the hope that by reminding them of their own childhood, they would refrain from scheduling too many lessons for their children. This way, their kids would have more time to play and enjoy their childhood too.
No comments:
Post a Comment