Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspiration

In this post I will be blogging about the inspirations for my coursework.

Quite a while ago we went to the United World College to view their students' art exhibition, in the hope that we can find some inspiration for our coursework there. Below are two artworks with ideas that I plan to use in my coursework:

Above is an artwork of silhouettes of two children/toddlers.
I thought the artist was very creative in making use of silhouettes and thus I also plan to use them in my coursework. Another interesting thing was that the artwork was of children/toddlers, which was relevant to my theme of "childhood".


This is a painting (I think) of an outline of a rose against a brick wall. What intrigued me about the painting is that the white dashes were not painted unlike the rest of the artwork. I believe that the dashes are yarn. I would like to do something like that for my coursework, but as my final work would not be as big as the rose-brick wall painting, I might just use thread and sew them on my works.


???
There is another thing that inspired me but I can't find it anywhere... It's an advertisement that used to appear frequently on the newspapers. It's this normal family photo but a member of the family was a silhouette. Does anyone know what the advertisement was about and where to find it? I think it's something about someone dying o.o
If anyone knows can you tell me? Thanks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment